- The Regional Director of Development markets church planting by cultivating major gifts for all core ministries by creating new church or donor partnerships. At this career level the incumbent is generally responsible for their own results, leveraging vast organizational knowledge to effectively represent The Timothy Initiative to church leaders and donors using broad understanding and ability to articulate all core ministry elements to accomplish objectives in accordance with established department requirements.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI, and faithfully upholds TTI’s ministry in prayer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a catalyst for church planting, personally supporting the advancement of God’s Kingdom through new churches created and existing churches encouraged. This person will advocate for The Church and seek to serve her in all ways to make her successful as the Bride of Christ according to scripture.
- Executes the Donor Development strategy in collaboration with Development Team members.
- Personally, interacts with large church pastors or major donors and other key decision-makers to foster effective relationships and growth in increased giving potential.
- Establishes and cultivates church or donor relationships, generating partnerships and varied revenue streams in order to meet annual goals and budget requirements for a wide variety of ministry needs. Manages assigned church & donor relationships to meet goals for activity and revenue production.
- Organizes and leads vision trips for the purpose of cultivating church or donor relationships.
- Reports to churches or donors on the use of funds through stewardship reports, maintaining strong communication related to project follow-up and a personalized affirmation program for prior gifts and involvement.
- Operates within the approved budget, maintains accurate database of accounts, documenting activities and opportunities and following existing process and organization rules and requirements. Provides required reports summarizing achievement of assigned objectives in accordance with approved processes.
- Represents TTI, contributing to regional and national meetings and participating as a speaker at events where communication of TTI’s ministry is required.
- Occasionally coaches and provides expertise to other staff in the development discipline.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment, Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends as required. May be required to travel up to 30%-50% of normal schedule.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all.
- Must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above.
|Employment Type||Full-Time, Exempt|