The Finance Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of financial and administrative duties in the Finance department. The Team Member’s responsibilities include assisting the Director of Finance in all aspects of TTI’s donor reporting infrastructure. The Finance Assistant will prepare and maintain the necessary information within TTI’s donor databases; and prepare and manage the reporting process on a daily, weekly, and monthly timeframe.
He/she must be able to maintain complete confidentiality, provide administrative and organizational support and serve as a communication liaison to various staff, partners, and outside organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overall daily profile management and reporting in CRM and various organizational databases.
- Daily check of physical and digital finance communication mediums. This includes but is not limited to P.O. Boxes, email account and telephone calls and voicemails.
- Prepare weekly bank deposits.
- Generate receipts for financial gifts as needed.
- Work with other departments to make sure project allocations are accurate
- Process TTI’s Charitable Solicitation Renewal for each state.
- Process the monthly Office of Foreign Assets Control list.
- Preform various duties as needed at the direction of the Director of Finance or Finance Administrator
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum three years related administrative experience in data entry / accounting; nonprofit administrative experience a plus.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems preferred. This includes but is not limited to Excel, QuickBooks, Donor Perfect and Give Cloud.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills. Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to learn and work within systems.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all; must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates:
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work in our main office in Raleigh, NC and/or remotely as needed as defined by the COO, Human Resource Manager and Supervisor.
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Employment Type||Full-Time, non-Exempt|