The Finance Administrator is responsible for performing a variety of financial and administrative duties in the Finance department. The Team Member’s responsibilities include maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and processing reimbursements and is required to always remain compliant with all laws and TTI policies.
He/she must be able to maintain complete confidentiality, provide administrative and organizational support and serve as a communication liaison to various staff, partners, and outside organizations.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enters budget data and adjustments for global field requests into financial accounting software (QuickBooks currently) and reconciles any differences.
- Sets up wires for International and Domestic transactions.
- Communicates with field for verification of requests, if necessary
- Performs audit of individuals from the field through OFAC, sends alerts to appropriate managers if names are flagged, and resolves issues in order to stay compliant.
- Monthly – Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions of fees to be reimbursed by bank.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Track and reconcile credit card transactions with their respective reports.
- Review and process reimbursements.
- Process invoices in Bill.com and follow-up with various staff, partners and outside organizations as needed.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Review data and information for accuracy and makes corrections when necessary.
- Ensure records and reports are kept safely and securely.
- Assist in oversight of the Finance Assistant.
- Covers for duties that are performed by Finance Assistant if necessary.
- Perform other duties that are assigned by the Director of Finance.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; non-profit administrative experience a plus.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems preferred. This includes but is not limited to QuickBooks, Donor Perfect and Give Cloud.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills. Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to learn and work within systems. Experience in DonorPerfect and GiveCloud preferred. Advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks a must.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all; must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates:
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work in our main office in Raleigh, NC and/or remotely as needed as defined by the COO and Human Resource Manager.
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
THE TIMOTHY INITIATIVE EMPLOYEE CULTURE
TTI’s team members are passionate about Jesus and taking the gospel to spiritually dark places. They have this consuming passion: to train believers to make disciples who make disciples, plant churches that plant churches, and develop leaders that develop leaders. They strive to uphold the highest standards of behavior, which include a humble, servant-hearted culture with a passion to go above and beyond when needed. It is their strong desire to work as a team, globally and within the U.S.