Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer and International Achieve Director is responsible for assisting the COO and IAD in the performance of his mission and duties.
He/she must be able to maintain complete confidentiality, provide administrative and organizational support and serve as a communication liaison to various staff, partners and outside organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of the Executive Assistant to the COO and IAD include, but are not limited to the following:
- CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER and INTERNATIONAL ACHIEVE DIRECTOR: To help the COO and IAD maximize their time and effectiveness. The Executive Assistant helps the COO and IAD be 100% present, positive and productive in every encounter by preparing, executing, and following up on decisions and processes connected to duties across the organization.
- COORDINATION: Take early initiative to populate and confirm calendar and complete lead up tasks. Organize the different elements of the complex work involved in the office of the COO and IAD to enable cohesion and effective results for the organization. This includes the creating, storing, and sharing of critical documents and reports.
- COMMUNICATION: Complete and communicate objectives, agendas, and action steps before and after every meeting the COO and IAD will participate in to proactively ensure all relevant people have details to be present and productive in every meeting. Manage the IAD’s emails and voice-mail messages. Help clear inbox of clutter while raising emails of highest importance to the IAD’s attention for quick replies.
- STRATEGIC PREPARATION: (for key initiatives and meetings) Set up the COO and IAD to walk into the meeting and make the most important decisions without being preoccupied by prep details.
- EXECUTION: Follow-up & follow through on strategic decisions from meetings. Be methodical in accomplishing big goals by setting early deadlines and following up to ensure progress.
- LOGISTICS: Book, flights, hotel, car rental far in advance, prepare travel packets with travel, meeting and accommodations details for each trip. Manage reimbursements for all COO and IAD ministry meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field preferred.
- Three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based systems preferred.
- International travel experience a preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all.
- Must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work in our main office in Raleigh, NC and/or remotely as needed as defined by the COO and Human Resource Manager.
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Employment Type||Full Time, Exempt|
|Location||In-Person: Raleigh, NC|