The Event Specialist will be responsible for preparing event timelines, coordinating technical aspects, and providing administrative support for all the Development team events to include but is not limited to processing invoices, marketing, helping coordinate event staff, preparing expenses and managing risk. This individual will come alongside the Development Operations Administrator and Event Coordinator administratively and will represent the Development Team in a personable manner by demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness, and a professional attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative Support for All Development Events, with our Global Partners Weekend being the Main Event (GPW)
- Creating and Coordination of Development Event Timelines and Calendars
- Monitoring Development Events Budgets
- CRM Data entry for Events, Conferences and Domestic Vision Trips
- Coordination of logistical elements for all Development Events
- Ordering, organizing, and tracking of Event Materials and Resources
- Tracking and coordinating all agreed upon contracts, expenses, payments and invoices with vendors
and venues for Development Events
- Working with Travel Coordinator or International Operations for all International staff needs for Development Events
- Coordinating Staff Transportation for Development Events
- Creating Schedules and preparing forms for Staff and Guests for Development Events
- Development Event Relations and Customer Service both internal and external (off site at Events)
- Help create Banquet Event Orders with Hotels and Other Venues
- Liaising with all Speaker for events and helping them prepare their notes.
- Aiding in the development of event concepts and themes for Development Events
- Preparing receipts and shipping documents at all Events.
- Post-event reporting
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based systems preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills. Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all; must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates:
For Team Members
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work remotely.
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Employment Type||Full Time, Non-Exempt|