The Communications Director plays an integral role in promoting The Timothy Initiative and engaging partners through strategic planning and execution of the ministry’s communication and marketing efforts. A successful candidate will have a great eye for design, a passion for story and narrative structure, a skillful understanding of data reporting and analytics, and a deeply personal approach to linking the personal and the professional.
Description of Role and Expectations
- Most importantly your relationship to God must be the central focus of your life.If this is not so, then nothing else matters. Quality time with God is a must for this position.
- Secondly, you must be able to take care of your family. Ensure that you are in right relationship with your spouse and children.
- Prayer for this partnership, including the ministries, churches, and partners involved must be a central process in all that you do.
- Must identify and be accountable to at least one other person on a weekly basis.
Marketing & Communications
- Commit to learning our mission, vision, core values, and methodology. It is critical to understand who we are, what we do, and why we do it
- Responsible for development and implementation of an integrated, organization wide strategic communications plan
- Oversee, or execute as needed, all copy intended for public consumption to ensure quality control and alignment with the strategic communications plan
- Provide planning, oversight, and management of all aspects of marketing including social media, web presence, email campaigns, print marketing, and radio
- Lead the International Communication Team
- Maintain regular meetings with the International Communications Team. Oversee marketing calendar, task management, timelines, prioritization, and workflow
- Recruit, manage, and train International Communications strategy
- Internalize the TTI voice and messaging. Develop branding and writing policies and procedures and ensure consistent use of logos, messaging, and templates organization-wide that align with our messaging and tone
- Coach writing staff domestically and internationally
- Manage, design, and track digital marketing initiatives (including search engine optimization, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook advertising)
- Track engagement across various platforms to inform data-driven decisions to improve content and grow awareness of TTI’s vision, purpose, and objectives
- Develop and manage communications budget to meet strategic and financial objectives
- Oversee the backend of WordPress website maintenance & updates, User Experience, and SEO
- Cultivate the user experience for GiveCloud giving pages
- Initiative Google Ad Words interface
- Oversee consistency across the website in terms of design and structure and/or update and maintain all pages
- Develop and produce engaging video content
- Manage and upload videos to TTI’s YouTube channel
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or a related discipline
- 5-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
- Experience managing digital content across various social media platforms
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with teams, manage responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills
- Platform/program proficiencies: Microsoft Suite, Constant Contact, Adobe Suite, Google Suite, YouTube/Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress
|Employment Type||Full-Time, Exempt|