The Communications Director plays an integral role in promoting The Timothy Initiative and engaging partners through strategic planning and execution of the ministry’s communication and marketing efforts. A successful candidate will have a great eye for design, a passion for story and narrative structure, a skillful understanding of data reporting and analytics, and a deeply personal approach to linking the personal and the professional.
Description of Role and Expectations
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI, and faithfully upholds TTI’s ministry in prayer.
Marketing & Communication
- Commit to learning our mission, vision, core values, and methodology. It is critical to understand who we are, what we do, and why we do it.
- Responsible for development and implementation of an integrated, organization wide strategic communications plan.
- Responsible for production of all copy intended for public consumption to ensure quality control and alignment with the strategic communications plan.
- Plan and write for all aspects of marketing including social media, web presence, email campaigns, print marketing, and radio.
- Collaborate with International Communication Team.
- Work alongside OOTC to recruit, manage, and train International Communications Team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Track engagement across various platforms to inform data-driven decisions to improve content and grow awareness of TTI’s vision, purpose, and objectives.
- Develop and manage communications budget to meet strategic and financial objectives.
- Position has the potential to travel internationally to the field.
Print & Digital Materials
- Produce TTI’s digital and print/traditional communications (website, social media, email campaigns, etc.).
- Design, produce, and print publications (infographics, annual reports, partner reports, materials, brochures, etc.).
- Manage the graphic design schedule, coordinate the production of print and digital collateral either the International Communications Team or with contractors.
- Coordinate the printing process of materials.
- Execute all print and digital materials for fundraising events and annual conferences.
- Oversee the backend of WordPress website maintenance & updates, User Experience, and SEO.
- Cultivate the user experience for CRM giving pages.
- Manage and update TTI’s web pages.
- Initiate Google Ad Words interface.
- Oversee consistency across the website in terms of design and structure and/or update and maintain all pages.
- Develop, write scripts, and produce engaging video content.
- Manage and upload videos to TTI’s YouTube channel.
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related discipline.
- 5-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience.
- Experience managing digital content across various social media platform.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with teams, manage responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Platform/program proficiencies: Microsoft Suite, Constant Contact, Adobe Suite, Google Suite, YouTube/Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends as required.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all.
- Must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
|Location||In-person or Remote|
|Employment Type||Full-Time, Exempt|