The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the DOC in providing administrative and special projects support for the Office of the CEO. This position will ensure the smooth coordination and completion of activities related to scheduling, travel, internal and external correspondence, and executive special events. The Administrative Assistant must possess a high standard of work, exercise discretion when handling confidential information, pay close attention to detail and have the ability to set priorities and anticipate needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- DIRECTOR OF THE OFFICE OF THE CEO: To help the DOC maximize the effectiveness of the OOTC. The Administrative Assistant helps the members of the OOTC be 100% present, positive and productive in every encounter by preparing, executing, and following up on decisions and processes connected to her duties within the OOTC.
- COORDINATION: Take early initiative to confirm calendar and lead up tasks. Organize the different elements of the complex work involved in the Office of the CEO to enable cohesion and effective results for the organization. This includes the creating, storing, and sharing of critical documents and reports.
- TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS: Makes comprehensive travel arrangements, both domestic and international, including air, hotel, ground transportation and meal reservations for the CEO, as well as handles all international visa/passport applications. Ensures documentation for travel requests and reimbursements for CEO.
- COMMUNICATION: Complete and communicate objectives, agendas, and action steps before and after every meeting the OOTC will participate in to proactively ensure all relevant people have details to be present and productive in every meeting. Assist with communications to staff via email: external, U.S. team, and international team.
- ADMINISTRATION: Processes corporate charges and reimbursements for members of the OOTC. Work with DOC for Executive Relations to run regular DonorPerfect queries for the CEO’s caseload, and ensure all necessary research, reports, and donor caseload related admin is completed in conjunction with the DOC.
- EXECUTIVE EVENTS: Assists with coordination of event logistics and other details of events hosted by the CEO (Global Partners Weekend, Vision Trips, Board meetings, and special office guests). Works with the DOC as needed on meeting coordination as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required, 1-3 years similar work experience preferred.
- Previous experience with fundraising/donor interaction preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based systems preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work both in groups and individually to meet goals and to develop strong working relationships with internal staff and external constituents.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all.
- Must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work in our main office in Raleigh, NC and/or remotely as needed as defined by the CEO and Human Resource Manager.
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Department||Office of the CEO|
|Employment Type||Full Time, Non-Exempt|