- The Regional Director of Development markets church planting by cultivating major gifts for all core ministries by creating new church and donor partnerships. At this career level the Team Member is generally responsible for their own results, leveraging vast organizational knowledge to effectively represent The Timothy Initiative to church leaders and donors using broad understanding and ability to articulate all core ministry elements to accomplish objectives in accordance with established department requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as a catalyst for church planting, personally supporting the advancement of God’s Kingdom through new churches created and existing churches encouraged. This person will advocate for The Church and seek to serve her in all ways to make her successful as the Bride of Christ according to scripture.
- Executes the Donor Development strategy in collaboration with Development Team members.
- Personally interacts with large church pastors, donors and other key decision-makers to foster effective relationships and growth in increased giving potential.
- Establishes and cultivates church & donor relationships, generating partnerships and varied revenue streams in order to meet annual goals and budget requirements for a wide variety of ministry needs. Manages assigned church & donor relationships to meet goals for activity and revenue production.
- Organizes and leads vision trips for the purpose of cultivating church & donor relationships.
- Reports to churches & donors on the use of funds through stewardship reports, maintaining strong communication related to project follow-up and a personalized affirmation program for prior gifts and involvement.
- Operates within the approved budget, maintains accurate database of accounts, documenting activities and opportunities and following existing process and organization rules and requirements. Provides required reports summarizing achievement of assigned objectives in accordance with approved processes.
- Represents TTI, contributing to regional and national meetings and participating as a speaker at events where communication of TTI’s ministry is required.
- Occasionally coaches and provides expertise to other staff in the development discipline.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline. *
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience working in this or similar position or field. *
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based systems preferred.
- *Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manners. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills. Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all; must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates:
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgement page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%-50% of normal schedule.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Employment Type||Full-Time, Exempt|